Thursday, October 17, 2013

DEADMILL SPRINTS

DEADMILL SPRINTS


These are a great way to do a quick burnout with HIIT.
I incorporated this exercise after my lifting workout for the day....last thing for the day and called it good!  A deadmill sprint is where YOU are making the treadmill move.  The power of the treadmill is left off.  Place your hands on the front bar or sides and use your legs as fast as you can to make that treadmill belt move.  The workout above is one way to do this exercise.  15 seconds of pushing/running with 30 seconds of rest and repeat this cycle 5x through.  
Trust me!  It's not as easy as it sounds.  Your first push you will think.....oh this isn't so bad.  Then when it comes time to rest, you are gasping for air out of no where!  It creeps up on ya.  This is a killer workout for under 5 minutes.  Like I said, I threw this in for the last part of my workout after weight training.  I'm sure you could make more of a cardio routine out of this and make it longer if you needed.
Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment