Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tips to grow a BOOTY!

I see a lot of pins on Pinterest from women regarding exercises to build a butt.....
How To Firm Your Butt-
Sculpt Your Glutes-
How To Make a Bubble Butt-
Help My Pancake Butt-
Booty Blaster-
Ultimate Butt Workout-
Tighten Up Your Glutes-


I know you have all seen them.  It must be one area that we all wish we could tighten up.  Ever since I have gotten into weight training and seen the changes some exercises really can do for our glutes, I really can say they work.  I use to love to run and run for long distances.  I still love to run but I just don't make it my main source of exercise like I used to.  I noticed when I did run a lot that I lost my butt and it was flat.  When I started to do moves that really engage your lower body is when I noticed my butt get fuller and lift.  Lifting for lower body also made cellulite on my butt and legs appear less!  Yep, cellulite....I have it.  

First of all we must understand that our quads, glutes, lower back, etc., when combined are a very strong group of muscles even if you have never trained them before in your life.  They support the weight of your body every single day, all day long.

The BEST exercises for your butt are:
SQUATS- OF ALL KINDS
 DEADLIFTS AND STRAIGHT LEG DEADLIFTS
WALKING LUNGES W/ WEIGHT
STEP UPS W/ WEIGHT
GLUTE BRIDGES W/ WEIGHT

There are several other exercises you can do but doing just these exercises I listed at least 2 times a week will give you AMAZING results!  Your lower body can handle a lot.  So 2 times a week is not too much.  You WILL get results by living out of your comfort zone and getting in that squat rack 2x a week.

HOW YOU POSITION YOUR FEET:
When you squat, pointing your toes at certain angles will target different areas of your lower body.  Squatting with your feet shoulder width or slightly wider and your toes are pointing at 10 and 2 will focus more on the glutes.  Squatting with feet shoulder width and toes straight ahead will focus more on the outer part of your quads.

You can do all the body weight squats, kickbacks,  donkey kicks until you turn into a donkey!!! Without using weights, you will not stimulate your glutes enough to make them change/grow.  Your lower body already gets weightless work all day.  Walking, picking stuff up, getting in and out of your car, walking up stairs, standing etc....You have to add weights/resistance to cause stress on your muscles if you want them to change.  Stop waisting your time doing 25+ reps using no weights.  You are doing great endurance training with weightless exercises but trust me, weightless exercises are not changing your shape.  Add some weight when you do these exercises and I promise you will see a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment