Monday, September 29, 2014

If You Are Not Exhausted At the End of Your Workout, You're Doing It Wrong! FALSE….

If You Are Not Exhausted At the End of Your Workout, You're Doing It Wrong! 
FALSE!!!

You know that saying, "If you still look pretty at the end of your workout you're doing it wrong?!" Now that statement I agree! I rarely leave the gym without a red face, bead of sweat rolling off my chin and wet hair…..not a pretty sight!  However, I DISAGREE with this, "If you are not exhausted at the end of your workout you're doing it wrong!"

 I don't think it's the best idea to work out so hard that you are completely exhausted and on the verge of vomiting.  You shouldn't feel like a slacker if you are not huffing, puffing, suffering and feeling miserable during your workout!  That just doesn't even sound enjoyable.  I like to challenge myself and work up a sweat, huff and puff here and there, but I never do it to the point I am miserable.  Fatigue and exhaustion is not a marker for a successful workout.

I prefer to function and feel alive for the rest of my day after a workout.  I definitely push myself and make the workout worth my time for sure.  I do just enough that I feel good about what I accomplished and that the workout made me a better and stronger person.  We shouldn't focus on wearing ourselves out with every workout.  You should focus and ask yourself at the end of every workout-

Did I challenge myself?

Did I change myself?

Did I improve myself to be a better me?

THAT is what really matters!



No comments:

Post a Comment