Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lower EVERYTHING Workout




This workout left me sore all over the lower body.  Mainly my Glutes and Inner thighs.  Try and rest very little between sets.  Keep that heart rate up.  

I held 20 pound DBs (dumbbells) in each hand for:  Curtsy Squats, Bulgarian Split Squats, Walking Lunges.

For side lunges, I held a 25 pound weight plate for two sets and a 35 pound plate on my last set.  Hold the plate to your chest, like you are giving it a hug.  Have a bench near you that you can try and touch your butt to or get as low as you can to as you do all lunges on one side and then switch sides.  ***I will be posting a video of this exercise to my Instagram: @haleya_fit_happens***

For the Static Lunge, I held a 40 pound BB (barbell).  This is a lunge in place with your feet never moving until it's time to switch legs.  So get in a lunge position, and go up and down, up and down, staying in a lunge.  I held the BB under my front knee.  It helps to lean over a bit and extend up as far as the bar will let you.  Remember to never let your front knee go beyond your toes. 

Do both exercises back to back, 3 times, before moving to the next pair of exercises.

*Reps are by 12.  So that means, 12 reps for each leg.

Cardio on this day I did the following:
1-Minute Jump Rope
1-Minute Sprint on Treadmill (speed 8.5mph) 

Bodybuilding.com or Google are great places to search for better understanding of what an exercise is.

ENJOY!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment