Friday, October 17, 2014

HOW TO MULTITASK AT THE GYM


These are the ACTIVE RESTS sets that went along with PUSH circuit that I posted this morning.  I LOVE to get the heart rate up in between lifting exercises.  I'm all about multitasking at the gym.  Kill two birds with one stone…...Shape the body and burn calories at the same time. The PUSH workout took about 45 minutes and I burned around 550 calories give or take.

THESE ARE THE 30 SEC. ACTIVE REST EXERCISES IN THE PUSH CIRCUIT:
(in this order in the video)
-mountain climbers
-quick toe taps on the bench
-lunge jumps
-squat jumps
-jumping jacks
-plank jacks

The workout calls for one 30 second active rest set after every 2 lifting exercises.

TOTAL time spent doing Cardio/Active Rest was:
9 MINUTES.  I'll take 9 minutes of cardio over 45 minutes any day.  I'm going to burn the same amount of calories doing either way but only one way is shaping my body!

YOU CAN'T FLEX CARDIO!  

INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment