Sunday, November 23, 2014

500 Calorie Burn Challenge

Back in May I set a goal to wear my Polar Watch to every workout for the entire week and burn at least 500+ calories each workout.  Total burn for the week = 3,533!  I said it will be definitely something I do again.  It was very motivating and fun to push myself.


Thanksgiving is this week and what a great week to do the 500 calorie challenge!  Which means I have committed to workouts on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday…(Shopping burns calories right? So it totally counts ;))    

Join in on this challenge with me!  I picked 500 calories because I know I had a good workout when I burn 500+.  Remember height, weight, and your current condition affect this number.  Someone shorter than me, lighter than me etc, will have a different burn.  Maybe a 300-400 burn is your challenge.  You know what a great calorie burn is for you, REACH IT!!  If you don't have a heart rate monitor, put it on your XMAS list.  For the challenge, those without a monitor be sure to push yourself more than you normally would in a workout.  Make this week really count

***Did you know according to studies, the average Thanksgiving dinner can carry around 3,000+  calories?!  That is with turkey and all the trimmings.  That is equal to: 12 Turkey sandwiches, 15 Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, 29 Reeses PB cups,  15 KIND bars, 17 servings of Guac, 11 Pumpkin Spice lattes from Starbucks, or 18 Tacos from Taco Bell…..Who's Hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment