Thursday, November 6, 2014

6 Weeks of Progress or No Progress…...

 I walked past the mirror yesterday and it reminded me about the post I was ranting and raving over the 'ULTIMATE' yoga leggings by PINK. --I am still OBSESSED with them by the way and would recommend them in a heart beat) I was in about the same pair so I thought I would take a pic and compare them side by side……. 6 Weeks ago to now!


(I wish I wasn't flexing my butt so hard in the previous pic but I can't change that now, LOL!).  Not a huge difference but I know my body best to see the small changes in my waist and legs (I have been loving those body weight 'active rest' exercises following a leg exercise) and I have no clue what I weigh.  Slow progress is better than no progress.  My point is,  you have to keep going! Just because drastic changes don't happen in 3 or 6 months, doesn't mean just throw in the towel and give up.  If you had a flat tire would you fix the flat one and keep driving?  Or slash the other 3 tires and walk?  Forget looks, think of the healthy goodness you are doing for your heart and those muscles!


Why do I workout so hard?  The same reasons you put on eye cream at night? I honestly do it because I want to keep up with life as I get older.  I want to be fit.  I want to have a strong heart and get all the muscle I can get before aging starts taking that muscle away from me wether I like it or not.  Yes, I do it too so I can look good and feel good about myself.  But now as I am getting older, I am realizing that staying fit and getting stronger is WAY more important to me.  My body doesn't respond like it did in my 20s. And I am sure that when I reach my 40s I am wishing I had the body that I had in my 30s.  Funny thing though….. I am pretty sure that today at 32 I could kick my 25 year old A$$. 

DONT GIVE UP!







No comments:

Post a Comment