Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Barbell Squat to Side Leg Raise

Barbbell Squat to Side Leg Raise:


Load up a barbell on your back.  I am using a 40lb BB in the video.  I went with a lighter weight so I was able to make this a deeper squat and to go at a fairly fast pace ( extra cardio ) so the lighter weight allows me to do this.

With your feet shoulder width apart and all your weight in your heels, squat down as low as you can go without letting your knees pass the front toes.  Stand back up with all the weight in your heels and go right into a side leg raise.  Great exercise for your abductors.

When you finish one set of BB squats, I usually do 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps, go right into body weight squat jumps or lunge jumps for some added cardio and a good burnout for your legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment