Monday, December 22, 2014

COMPOUND EXERCISES

LUNGE > SQUAT > LUNGE > SQUAT > MERRY CHRISTMAS > LUNGE> SQUAT:


Multi-Tasking at its finest!  Lunges and Squats; two of the BEST moves for your lower half!  In Reality, you are engaging your whole body on these two compound exercises.  COMPOUND EXERCISES are when you're stimulating several muscle groups and joints all at once to perform a certain exercise

The video has been sped up so you can see the exercise done several times in the 15 seconds I am allowed.  So take your time!  Form is MOST important.  For both moves, you want to keep your knees behind your toes the best you can.  When you squat, keep your weight in your heels.
*I am holding a 40lb. barbell in the video.

The second exercise, which I did immediately following the lunge/squat combo (I didn't even take the BB off my back) I guess we will call it a Side to Side Stationary Lunge.  Get your feet WIDE apart to begin.  Then lunge side to side.  Stick your butt back there and keep it there…. feel the burn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment