Tuesday, January 13, 2015

20 MINUTE INTERVAL RUN


20 MINUTE INTERVAL RUN:  Interval running is awesome for increasing your endurance.  You will be able to run at a certain pace for an extended period of time.  Great way to train for 5K or 10K's.

This is one of the very first treadmill workouts I ever posted.  It is one of my favorites.  It is done on 0.0% incline, however, you can add 0.5% - 1.0% to be similar to an outdoor run.

I LOVE this workout because you gradually increase your speed (adjust if needed, these are my speeds).  Your body gets to start out at a nice easy going pace and BELIEVE me, that is what our bodies want, less work and EASY!  BUT, as we step on the gas a little bit that sort of forces your body to "panic" and give you more umph to do the activity which means your body has to BURN MORE CALORIES to keep up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment