Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Swing Lunges, my new FAVORITE!

Ok, I think I just found my new favorite exercise!!!  I will be doing these 2x a week.  I have always done SWING LUNGES as a burnout for legs using no weights.  This day I decided to use swing lunges as one of my actual leg exercises.

I am holding a 25lb plate (I got a little rusty over the Holidays) You can use lighter or heavier.  You can hold the plate as I am in the video, which I felt made this move easier to get in and out of the positions quickly but it will also challenge your arms.  OR- you can hug the plate against your chest.


You are doing a front lunge and going right into a reverse lunge.  Back and forth on the same side for all reps.  I did 3 sets of 10 which is 10 front/10 back so 20 lunges total, then switch legs.

I LOVED it!  Not only does it get your leg burning EVERYWHERE…. but talk about some major calorie burnage- you will not be able to go to that other leg without catching your breath first, TOTAL cardio killer…. or maybe I'm just really out of shape?!  Freaking Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment