Thursday, February 26, 2015

LOWER BACK EXERCISES

HYPEREXTENSIONS and HYPEREXTENSION ABS

Probably my favorite exercise for the low back…..and it also has a double bonus--- if you do them correctly you will also target your hamstrings and glutes!  When I do this exercise it gets most everything on my backside burning.


Push Play HERE

I am holding a 25lb plate.  Back in the day I did no weight, then added 5lbs, then eventually 10lbs, and now we are here.  Be smart!  You want the pad adjusted against your upper thighs but leaving room for you to bend at the waist without any restrictions.  With your back flat, bend forward at the waist until you feel a nice stretch in your hamstrings while squeezing your glutes.  NEVER round your back when you do this exercise.  
I do 3 sets of 15.

TO ADD IN ABDOMINAL WORK:

Do a regular hyperextension and then when you reach the top add a little twist in your torso.

No comments:

Post a Comment