Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Stick a Fork in it!

I know this is information is not new to probably many.  But maybe someone out there needs this calorie saving reminder!


Whenever I order a salad, I usually ask for dressing on the side.  Instead of dumping the whole container on your salad, dip your fork in the dressing first, then grab a bite.  You still get the yummy dressing taste on every single bite and you will be surprised at how much dressing is left over.  Especially that dang Cafe Rio!  Their 4oz. (1/2 a cup) house dressing has 145 calories and 13g of fat.  Oh I know, I know it taste so good though!

This salad is the Strawberry Harvest w/ chicken from Zupas.  My one dislike about Zupas is their itty bitty scoop of chicken they give you.  I would ask for like 12 extra scoops but that would be a little embarrassing…. So I settle asking for "extra chicken" but my inner protein lover is not happy!  But look at my dressing after my salad was all gone.  The container is still more than half full and they only give you 2oz. to begin with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment