Tuesday, February 17, 2015

#transformationtuesdaygonebad

So here is a  #transformationtuesday GONE BAD


After my gym selfie post this morning I noticed my butt was looking a little non existent.  So later this afternoon I had to take a pic (same pants just facing the other way) and compare to an old pic so I could really examine.  Well, Son Of A…..

You know what I have been doing the past 3 weeks Monday-Thursday?  I have been coming home from my gym workouts and hopping right on the treadmill and running for 30 mins. The running consisted of steady state or intervals.  Looks like the only thing I did was literally run my ass off

Shame on me for going against what I already know.  Doing that extra bit of cardio 4 days a week on top of the cardio I was getting in my 1-hour gym workout (lifting + cardio) did nothing but eat my muscles.  Cardio is great but too much cardio = your glutes will get stolen and you WILL get served pancakes. 

LIFT WEIGHTS for the majority of your cardio.  THEN, if you have any left over time at the end of your workout, do what cardio you can.  


3 comments:

  1. If you have extra weight to lose, would you still advise to do less cardio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weight training really does wonders for the body that cardio just will not do! I still recommend cardio. Just don't neglect the weights and only focus on cardio. I do 10-30 mins of cardio every day after weights. My workouts are a total of 1 hour long. In these pictures I was doing my 1-hour weights and cardio at the gym and then coming home and running for additional 30 mins. I really did lose muscle doing this.

      Delete
  2. If you have extra weight to lose, would you still advise to do less cardio?

    ReplyDelete