Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Glute Kickbacks

KICKBACKS: GLUTES: KICKBACKS

Lots of kickback variations going on here.  The first is a basic squat and when you stand you lift your leg up behind you.  Then squat again and repeat a kickback with the other leg.

Nothing to it really.  On your squats, go as deep as you can doing your best to not let your knees pass your toes.  Always try and stay light in your toes and push in your heels when you stand.  That really puts the work in those glutes.  I did 12-15 reps of this exercise 3x.

The Second KickBack exercise is a Step-Up.  I am keeping my entire foot planted on a bench during the whole exercise.  Stepping up on the bench with my weight in my heels and performing a kickback with my other leg.  I did all 10-12 reps on one leg before switching to the other.  3x.

I am holding a 40lb bar in both exercises.  SQUEEEEEEEZE your glutes on all the kickbacks

No comments:

Post a Comment