Friday, April 10, 2015

Hummus

Any Hummus lovers out there?!  I am very much a chips and salsa/dip girl and this dip is pretty good. It was the perfect mix of hummus and a mango salsa spread, just YUM.


Because I also like to be educational sometimes when I post, do you know what hummus is actually made of?  A hummus recipe calls for:

Chickpeas
Olive Oil
Garlic
Lemon Juice
Sea Salt
Tahini- ground sesame seeds

Those are the basics.  Then you can get fancy and add in your favorites like: cilantro, jalapeño, sweet potato, roasted red pepper, black bean, etc.

Hummus is actually very good for you.  Lots of health benefits come from chickpeas (complex carb), Olive oil and Tahini (loaded with minerals).

I dipped this with 'Wild Root'- a multigrain chip made with flax, chia and red quinoa.

AND finally, I found this Hummus Dip at SAM'S CLUB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment