Thursday, May 28, 2015

RESULTS

My Body Fat Testing Results:


I wanted to make this a learning experience.  I will point out numbers that stand out to me.

First the FAT FREE MASS number.  That 128.372 lbs is what I would weigh without an ounce of fat on me…a number I will probably NEVER see.  That is the weight of my muscle, water, bones, and internal organs inside my 5'9" body.  Ok, I could probably reach 130 lbs if I stopped weight training and let my muscles shrink.  BUT, if I did that I'm sure fat would start piling on around my shrinking muscles.  I would have to basically starve myself as well to get there.  So I won't go there.

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn.  MUSCLE is the "metabolic engine" of the body that burns calories ( fat ) and plays an important role in maintaining strength and energy.

Which we would all like to have zero fat right?  But a certain amount of fat is absolutely necessary for good health.  Fat plays an important role in protecting internal organs, providing energy, and regulating hormones.  The MINIMUM amount of "essential fat" is approx. 3-5% for men, and 12-15% for women.  Even though I feel like I am not at my best self, I still landed in the "Ultra Lean" at 17% BF which is only 2 away from reaching the minimum…. so I got to happy about that.  

The other number is my BMR ( calories I burn sitting on the couch all day not moving a finger or thinking…just breathing ) I burn 1550 calories just being alive everyday.

Based on my 'Daily Activity Level' I fall in the "Active" category because I workout 6 days a week.  The tech at BYU told me "Very Active" people are your major athletes.  The number 2697 is the calories I can eat per day to MAINTAIN my current weight.  I eat no where near that yet, I struggle to lose weight and why?  Because I don't eat enough and so my body clings to fat to protect itself.  To lose weight I would aim to eat about 500 cals under my maintenance number.  So I could lose weight if I ate 2197 cals…. I really try to eat that much because I believe in the science behind it all but I do not hit those numbers every day.  Again, I am eating UNDER the number to lose weight effectively so my body clings to fat trying to protect itself.  We are our own worst enemies, right?!

If you don't believe Eat More to Lose More, then you will struggle your whole life getting rid of "stubborn fat"  I believe it 100%.  My struggle is preparing enough healthy foods I need and apparently I need whole lot of it.  
If I only had a damn chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment