Thursday, May 21, 2015

WILL POWER

WILL POWER

Last Friday I had to whip me up a dinner and something fast.  I had just finished up hair and makeup for my 7 yr olds dance concert and needed to be out the door shortly.  So eggs are always easy and Harmons fresh pico is just delicious.  The Kodiak Cakes 'Minute Muffins' only takes a minute ;)   This flavor was Apple Cinnamon Oat and a glass of Suja Mighty Greens.

As I was eating I noticed my surroundings and laughed.  When I am in the "ZONE" ( I had a great week of workouts and eating so far ), it's amazing how things just don't even tempt you.


I could have easily grabbed a couple donuts and called it good, BUT I knew I would have just been hungry moments later since a donut is considered empty calories ( high in calories, low in nutrients ) and also a simple carb ( quicker digestion ).  Since I was going to be gone for a good 5-6 hours that wouldn't have done the job.

You know what they say, "a moment on the lips, forever on the hips" And that poor lonely sweet potato in the basket will be eaten soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment