Thursday, March 23, 2017

PoWEr biTEs

PoWEr BiTeS:  I pulled a recipe from Kodiak Cakes and then made it to MY liking.  More Protein.  Plus, PB to keep kids happy but also Almond Butter to keep me happy.



INGREDIENTS:
1/2 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Pwdr
1/2 Cup Oatmeal- I used old fashioned
1/2 Cup Kodiak Power Cakes
2/3 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
1/2 Cup total, PB and Almond Butter- just make it 50/50
1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
1/2 Cup Honey
1 TSP Vanilla
1 TBS Chia Seeds
1/3 Cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
AND~~~~ if you can tell right away it seems to dry (like mine was) add a SPLASH of Almond Milk.  If it seems to wet,  add a bit more Oats.

Mix ALL ingredients together.  Cover and chill in fridge for 30 mins.  This makes them not so sticky to form.  Make into ball size of your liking.

Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

I know that recipe seems long and you might need to go to the store for a few items BUT it's worth it!  I've made a few different protein balls in my day and THIS is the WINNER! 



No comments:

Post a Comment